Friday, December 9, 2022

Lake Hartwell - Days 20-25

It was a really wonderful spending time with Hap and Allison at their house on Lake Hartwell. It was longer that we had originally planned, since the Florida visit was shortened. I was worried that we were going to be like fish and start to stink after a few days, but staying with them was so easy. They accepted us into their daily routines.

The first day there was sad as their dog Ty had become so sick that he had to be euthanized. That was very hard as he had been a family member for so many years. Afterwards their other dog Pita was having a hard time figuring out her place in the family. Suzanne and I were both accepted by her as a part of her pack though. That was nice.

They found an interesting concert in Athens (about an hour away) that we went to Black Violin, and we had a very nice meal at Five and Ten before the show.

It rained most of the time, so it wasn't until Thursday that we took the boat out and rode around. We crossed over into South Carolina for a little bit when we were near the dam. It's been a long time since I've been on a lake and even longer on a lake with Hap. It was chilly but nice. The winds were so light that the lake was like a mirror.


Not as much driving around as when we were at the farm, but I did get a chance to go through Lavonia and see the old places that I remembered as I was growing up (totally not the same now). I also visited the cemetery where my ancestors are buried (on my Mother's side).

The drive during days 20-25:


I'm not showing the drives and charges here since I don't want to expose exactly where their house is. The charges were all at 120V from a regular wall outlet, but that worked fine for the time we were visiting. The have big plans for the house and maybe there will be a 240V 50A outlet in the new garage (hint hint).

Total: 3901.7 Miles, 1395.6 kWh consumed = 358 Wh/mile.
Around the lake: 195.9 Miles, 74.1 kWh consumed = 378 Wh/mile.  



No comments:

Post a Comment