Saturday, November 19, 2022

East Bound - Day 5

Today we drove to Auburn Alabama. This is where we lived when I was in grade 6 through 8 and where I met Larry, who lived two houses down. We quickly became best friends. We shared a lot of common interests and I was accepted into his family like a third son. After we moved to Houston, we drifted apart but we reconnected again in the 2000s, and I've visited him every time I can when I'm in the area. We had a wonderful dinner of homemade chicken & dumplings that Anne made from her grandmother's recipe (it takes 3 days to make!). Jake, his older brother, was there too along with his girlfriend, who was very nice. We stayed up and talked until after my bedtime so I'm posting this the next morning.

Today we drive to the farm, another short-mileage day. My daughter Sarah and her husband Greg (and their two fur babies) are arriving today too. They were in Charlotte visiting Greg's mom after driving down from Michigan earlier in the week. It will be great to see them and to start the process of collecting the family together for Thanksgiving.

The whole trip so far:

Total: 2,493.8 Miles, 907.2 kWh consumed = 364 Wh/mile
Today: 228.1Miles, 4:46 driving, 79.3 kWh consumed = 347 Wh/mile. 


Here is the detailed data:



No comments:

Post a Comment