Tuesday, November 9, 2021

2021 - Getting Ready

This time we are planning on staying over in Texas at Suzanne's brother's house between Thanksgiving and Christmas. She hasn't seen her mother in 2 years (thank you COVID) and since I can work from there... why not?

We are leaving next week (on the 18th) so lots of checklists are being created and items checked off.

This trip will take the car past it's 50,000 mile basic warranty (it's at 48,000 miles now). The only issues with the car have been a weirdness with the passenger seat, and they upgraded me to version 3 of the AI computer. Mine had version 2.5 when I bought it. They came to my office and replaced the passenger seat in the parking lot. Super easy. Didn't even need to go to the service center. The warranty for the battery and drive unit is 10 years or 80,000 miles (and better than 70% capacity remaining). Since I've lost 20 miles of range over 48,000 miles (6.67%), I don't think the battery is going to be wearing out before the warranty.

Here's the battery degradation report from TeslaFi (what I've been using to gather data since I bought the car):


Notice that it dropped during the first 25,000 miles or so and has been pretty steady since then (with ups & downs).

Every time I make this trip I think of my friend Steve Fambro (also a Georgia boy) and his company Aptera. They are working on a 1,000 mile range car! If you are interest in getting one, please use my referral code when you make your reservation, so I can get credit for bringing you to them: https://lz953.isrefer.com/go/preorder/fUEnT8KV 


No comments:

Post a Comment