Monday, November 25, 2019

2019 East Bound - Day 5

Last year we drove all the way to the farm from Meridian.  But this year we decided to make this a very short day and spend the night with an old childhood friend of mine (and his lovely wife Anne). They live in a very interesting house.
The bedrooms on either side are cantilevered out from the central living areas.
Larry had over his mom &dad and his brother (and his wife). They were like my extended family when we lived two houses down from them. It was also my first time to charge on 120 Volts.  Wow it is slow... They all wanted rides in the car - who am I to say no?

Because of the cold temps, no aero covers, and less efficient tires I ended up diverting some to Greenville to have a healthy margin of charge when I got to Auburn. I overshot my target charge level because I got to talking with a model X driver at the supercharger.  Here are the details:


Totals for the day:
240.5 miles, 79.3 kWh, 329.7 Wh/mi (3.0 miles/kWh)
5 hrs 15 minutes total trip time (45.8 mph, including lunch & dinner stops).
Actual drive time was 4 hrs, 6 minutes (58.7 mph)


Totals for the trip:
2528.0 miles, 853.8 kWh, 337.7 Wh/mi (3.0 miles/kWh)
50 hrs 35 minutes total trip time (50.5 mph, including lunch & dinner stops).
Actual drive time was 37 hrs, 55 minutes (66.7 mph)

No comments:

Post a Comment