Tuesday, December 3, 2019

2019 West Bound - Day 2

Whew! Getting into Houston was something! Apparently a barge got loose during the last tropical storm or hurricane and it knocked out some of the supports of the I-10 bridge into Houston. That caused all of the traffic in both directions to be diverted to one side of the bridge. It took something like 2 hours to go 60 miles. And I thought traffic in the bay area was bad...

The drive through Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana was uneventful.

It was great, as always, to spend the night at my in-laws house They are always so very welcoming. Last year we plugged into their dryer outlet so I could charge the car overnight. This year I (apparently) forgot to bring the plug adapter for their old-style (6-30) dryer outlet. Oh well, I charged on 120. There's a new supercharger on the way one exit down the road that I can top up tomorrow.

Here are the drive and charge details:




Totals for the day:
507.2 miles, 169.2 kWh, 334 Wh/mi (3.0 miles/kWh)
9 hrs 58 minutes total trip time (50.9 mph, including lunch & dinner stops).
Actual drive time was 8 hrs, 34 minutes (59.2 mph)

Totals for the trip:
3,827.2 miles, 1,288 kWh, 336.5 Wh/mi (3.0 miles/kWh)
78 hrs 25 minutes total trip time (48.8 mph, including lunch & dinner stops).
Actual drive time was 59 hrs, 58 minutes (63.8 mph)

No comments:

Post a Comment