Monday, November 12, 2018

Getting close now...

Okay, I think I'm ready! Well, I'm probably overthinking this... I've got lists and lists of lists. And the frunk is full of adapters and "what if" items.

We only go back to the farm once a year, and this time we are driving, not flying.  So there are tons of things we want to take with us that we really can't on an airplane. I have a feeling that Wednesday morning will come and we will still be thinking of things that we should take with us...

In my experience with an 80 mile range EV (the Nissan LEAF) I found that it was a great commute car - it was super inexpensive. In my really pretty limited experience so far with the Tesla Model 3 I have to say that it has really opened my horizons. When we went on trips in the area, I found myself limiting what we would do because it was in the range of the LEAF. Sure, we could have taken the gas car... but why would we?

Now, all that is out the window.  Take a drive up Hwy 1 along the ocean? No problem. Take a "Sunday drive" in the hills above Hollister? Let's go!

I LOVE my Tesla!

I've asked for folk's advice on what to worry about on the trip on the Tesla Motors Club forum site and it sounds like I've thought through the worrisome things. Now we should just not worry about it and just enjoy the drive.

Off to packing... I'll blog again when we get on the road, with details about the way the car guides us to the superchargers and any issues that we run into along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels, looking forward to seeing your progress across the country.

    ReplyDelete